"Whose woods these are I think I know..." (George Lathan Hiking Trail, Clinton Lake)

"Hail bounteous May that dost inspire
Mirth and youth, and warm desire,
Woods and Groves, are of thy dressing,
Hill and Dale, doth boast thy blessing.

Thus we salute thee with our early Song,
And welcom thee, and wish thee long."


"Grim land, dim land, oh, how the vastness calls!
Far land, star land, oh, how the stillness falls!
For you never can tell if it's heaven or hell,
And I'm taking the trail on trust;
But I haven't a doubt
That my soul will leap out
On its Wan-der-lust."










"As I wandered the forest,
The green leaves among,
I heard a Wild Flower
Singing a song."











"When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy
And the dimpling stream runs laughing by,
When the air does laugh with our merry wit,
And the green hill laughs with the noise of it."








"I chatter over stony ways,
I bubble into eddying bays,
I babble on the pebbles.
In little sharps and trebles,"





"In the big lake
wide waves flow,
into an unruly caprice
that ever onward grows and goes -"



"Vast waters
without end,
an eternal immensity
where, it seems, life and death converse and blend -
Always it rises
to fall back upon itself again and again,
only bound
by a greater force within the wind -"




"When you step into the waters
nothing is ever the same;
the feeling of flying
washes you away far, to a place with no name -
The water is something
that connects anything
to everything;
depth to height
width to length
weakness to strength -"








"In the large and looming waters of life
we all are sure to swim, and swim,
awaiting One big wave
to take us home to the shore,
restful once again -"










"When the meadows laugh with lively green
And the grasshopper laughs in the merry scene.
When Mary and Susan and Emily.
With their sweet round mouths sing Ha, Ha, He."





"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleeep."

Comments

Popular Posts